This beautiful woman is my grandmother, Maxine Bradley – known as Momma Mac to all family and friends. She turned 85 yesterday. She has lived an amazing life and we are blessed to have her in our life. I will be sharing more about Momma Mac soon, but in the meantime, let’s get on with the Happy Hour Countdown! She would love for you to have a CC and water.
– You know I have been on a real mission to buy made in America clothing. I also am employing a quality over quantity approach to all my purchases. I really enjoyed this article about how we have become buried in clothes and what to do about it.
– I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t have a crush on Mike Rowe. You know, the guy from Dirty Jobs? He runs a foundation dedicated to the Trades and is challenging the definition of a “good job.”
Well, he wrote a letter to the Republican nominee and I think it is required reading regardless who you are considering voting for. You can read his letter to Romney here and his previous letter to Obama here.
– We all know this photo – the celebration of VJ Day in 1945.
But did you ever wonder for exactly how long this couple was kissing?
Check out the negative strip here.
– domino mag is back. kinda. again.
another special issue, rehashing previous (but awesome) content, as well as, a few new pieces for inspiration!
Run to your newsstand now!
– And finally, I would like to say thank you for reading james dry goods – I attended a blogger conference this week and at times was discouraged. Apparently the internet is full of people who only want to read about my outfit of the day – seriously.
But, sharing with you and learning from each of you fulfills me everyday. I love doing this and am thankful for all the support I have for this project. I would love if you liked james dry goods on facebook or followed me on twitter – I am all about any easy way for us to chat more often!
Around here our weekend plans are golf, a fashion show, cookout, college football, and NFL football. I will let you figure out which activities the Husband is participating in, which activities I will be attending, and which activities we may actually do together!
Hope you have a beautiful weekend – full of fun, family, and love!